5.01.2008

Cracked.

I somehow have a crack on the left corner of my iPod screen. From the top, right through my Safari icon. Not a tiny, cute little scratch, mind you. Now, the first thing anyone says when they use my iPod is, "Holy crap, what happened to your screen!?"
You can't help but notice it. Like a single huge red zit on the very tip on anyones nose. Or like a big mole on somebodies face. It's tough to explain how it happened, because I don't even know. It's not that I don't take care of it, because I do. It has become essential, as weird as that sounds. I protect it with my life. (Okay, maybe not... But you get my point.) I got it for a christmas present, so you can't even imagine what my parents said...
I believe it happened somewhere in my bag, but I wouldn't be able to tell you beyond that. Everything still works fine though. Do you have any idea how much it costs to have the screen replaced? $150 and above. I don't have that kind of money--or any, for that matter--to spend. It's seriously bugging me. I miss my sleek screen.


I'm getting dumped with a ton of homework. My english and science teacher said this was the easiest quarter of the year. Such lies! I think it's ridiculous, and I'm pretty sure that people would agree with me. I'm beyond ready for warm, lazy summer days around the pool... 6 weeks left!

4 comments:

KarlH said...

90% sure Applecare covers it. Not sure though.

KarlH said...

hmm, nevermind. It doesn't cover the following:

"(ii) Damage to the Covered Equipment caused by accident, abuse, neglect, misuse (including faulty installation, repair, or maintenance by anyone other than Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider), unauthorized modification, extreme environment (including extreme temperature or humidity), extreme physical or electrical stress or interference, fluctuation or surges of electrical power, lightning, static electricity, fire, acts of God or other external causes;

***

(viii) Cosmetic damage to the Covered Equipment including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports, that does not otherwise affect its functionality or materially impair your use;"

However, if your headphone port was to suddenly malfunction, or your battery or something like that, they would replace your iPod touch in all likelihood.

Unknown said...

Ouch! Way to go!

Kayla said...

Hi Shannon
ok im giving this comment thing another go. Hope you are having a good weekend so far and i'll see you tomorrow!