5.28.2008

Behind Your Eyes.

I've traveled the world twice over,
Met the famous; saints and sinners,
Poets and artists, kings and queens,
Old stars and hopeful beginners,
I've been where no-one's been before,
Learned secrets from writers and cooks
All with one library ticket
To the wonderful world of books.

-Anon

I love books. I love how they take me from this world, to a completely different one. I love how I can read for hours till no end, fall asleep, then wake up only to read again. I love how I get so connected with the characters, I feel the emotions they feel. I don't, and I doubt I will ever, understand why people don't like reading. They would rather see the movie. I have hardly ever heard anyone say that the movie was better than the book. You imagine for yourself what the characters look like, what they sound like. Imagining their world behind your eyes.

I'm kind of a bookworm. I read whenever and I read whatever I can get my hands on. It comes from my mom, she reads probably more than me. Since I read a lot, I've come up with the "short and to the point" version of some books that have stood out to me. A few of them are typical for a teenage girl... While some maybe not so much.

    • Harry Potter - I started reading this series in like, 3rd grade. I went to the library in my elementary school, and for whatever reason, I picked up Harry Potter. Not the first one, the third one. The Prisoner of Azkaban. I was hooked, even though I was out of order. I went back and read up to the fourth one. I patiently waited years for the fifth, the sixth, and finally the seventh to come out last year. I can thank J.K. Rowling, because it was this series that got me wanting to read.


    • To Kill a Mockingbird - I know, some of you are like, "What is that girl on?" But if you actually took the time to read it and do the review sheets for English, not copy the answers from a friend or online, you would see it how I see it. Quite possibly my favorite part of the book was the last few chapters. I almost cried. =P

    • The Chronicles of Narnia - I love the adventures. It's amazing how C.S. Lewis imagined and breathed life into these stories. I've read all of the books, but my favorite of these are tied between the Magicians Nephew, the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and the Last Battle. I can't pick just one. The world between worlds concept is pretty interesting to think about, if you take the time. Then the adventures in the Dawn Treader are pretty awesome.. I haven't read any of his other books, but I want to.

    • The Twilight Series - Yeah, some people think it's racy. The back of one of the books do seem to imply that it is... But it really isn't. (Most of the time...=p It's a Young Adult book, what can I say?) It's completely out of context with the entirety of the plot. It's much better than I ever thought it was going to be. I've read, reread, and re reread those books so many times. The final book, Breaking Dawn, is coming out on August 2nd. (Two days before my birthday!!!!!) The Twilight movie is coming out in December. Caroline, Alicia and I are seeing it together. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    No comments: