3.17.2008

St. Patricks Day!

It was one of my longer days. The ones that seem to drag on, and it doesn't look like there is an end in sight. But that's a Monday for you, I suppose.

Today for track, we all wore green. To be festive, yes, but to get free ice cream at Stewart's as well. It was overall an easy workout (several laps around the track), and most of us ran about a mile to Stewart's afterwards. Once I got inside, I completely defrosted. It was so nice and warm in there. We were there for what seemed like 20 minutes waiting for a bowl of ice cream. Once we got it, the place was so packed that some of us decided to go outside and eat. So we went outside, and for some reason it was incredibly windy now and it seemed to have dropped 10 degrees. 20 degrees if you weren't standing in the sun. I'm pretty sure I froze my butt off. Holy crap it was so freaking cold on the way back. I was shivering the majority of the time until I got my blood circulating again. The ice cream was good, so it made the trip worth it, but I'm not entirely sure i'm going to run there next year...

No comments: