3.07.2008

It's Like We're Running Crazy 8's Around The Track...

I'm sore from the stomach, down. I started Outdoor Track, and I guess this is what I get for not running for a month, and probably from walking to school on Thursday. Yep, it was my first time walking to school, and thank God it was a nice day...
I was struggling to walk up the icy driveway to the road and I was, give or take, 5 feet from the road, at 6:55 with my sister a few feet behind me. Now, my bus driver is the nicest old man you'll ever meet. He'll actually stop (not slow down a little and then keep going) for you, and wait if he see's you coming. Even on Route 50! So I was shocked when he blazed past us... I assumed it was a sub. Since it's illegal to cross 50, we made our way back to the house to tell our mother the unfortunate news. She said what she always says when we miss the bus, "Well you should've gotten out there earlier..." But I wasn't expecting the, "I'm not bringing you to school. You can walk or stay home."
Seriously, I've only missed the bus once this entire year. That's something a parent says after 4 days in a row of missed busses. She actually had this super important meeting she had to go to... But still. So after going through my limited options of staying home with a sister I can barely stand and watching CSI for the next 6 hours, I chose to walk. I knew fully well that I would get a few weird looks, and that I'd be walking at least 2 miles. In all honesty, I didn't really care. It's better than staying home all day, and I would've missed square dancing!! ;]
Besides a few blisters on my right foot, and my butt being sore, (I slipped on some ice... No one was around, thankfully) I lived.

The ironic part of this story is that my bus driver actually saw that we were there and turned around and went back to pick us up...

This weekend I'm mostly cleaning my room, which I am in desperate need of doing...
Unless, of course, I go to the hospital. I doubt I'd be able to go anyway, but I can hope.
=]

1 comment:

Alicia said...

hey ya Sqare Dancing!!!

...o where did u come form cotton eye joe... ^_^