3.11.2007

Back from a loooong weekend!

Yea, Elevate was pretty good. I have some pictures...but I can't seem to upload them right now...whateverrr. So here's how it went: [Sorry it's so incredibly long, but it's fresh in my head, and I don't want to forget any details...]

Friday- Got to the church at around 4ish or so, hung out with Cherish, Alicia and peoples, then headed onto the bus. I sat with Alicia, and she sat next to the window, so I obviously was on the outside. Next to us was Karl and little Jon, and talked somewhat for the next 2 hours or so until we got to our camp we were staying at. Immediately after we got there,[like literally after I sat my bags down in the lobby] Father Jon got James, Alicia and I to help him set up for the band Chasing Daybreak.[Honestly, I don't know why all the girls were screaming at//stalking them...Jamie and I were makin fun of them at dinner...ahaha] After we helped set up, we went to go eat, and the food was pretty good. Like, camp food isn't usually good. It was set up in a buffet type way, and had many choices. Chyea, so after we ate I had to find my way to my room. I think Alicia was with B.J or whatever, and I didn't feel like I needed anyone's help to find it. HA, yea right. I got lost like 4 times before I saw and asked Brad[a guy that goes to my school] to help me find my room. After I thanked him I looked around, picked the bed that wasn't taken[not that I had a choice] then headed down to where the service was[ or United 1]going to be held, and a guy named Scott Anderson spoke for us for the past 3 days, and he has cerebral palsy. Now when I first heard him, I was sitting in the back, with Father Jon, Alica & James, and Jon told James to turn something up [Later I realized it was just his mic] but when Scott started talking, I thought it was some kind of joke he was playing on everybody. Since he was in a wheelchair, it would be some kinda "haha, you really thought I talk like this?" But...He wasn't joking. I didn't know he had cerebral palsy until he told us. He was kinda difficult to listen to, but i eventually got used to it. [ Sorry, if you didn't go to elevate, that was kinda hard to understand] He was an amazing speaker, and sometime quite funny. [He even took a few cracks at Jon, haha.] Then after that, there was the Chasing Daybreak concert. I moshed a few times, but after that I got a neck ache. [icky] Then sat with the fragile musicians, who don't mosh. Then after that, I hung out with Karl and little Jon a bit, then at around 12 we had small group/girl time in my room with Alicia, Cherish, Kirsten, and it was pretty awesome =] We went to bed at like 2am.

Saturday- Woke up at around 6ish, because my cell phones alarm went off [because Cherish needed to be woken up to go running w/ Kirsten, but she didn't go...she didn't even wake up when the alarm went off. =P] Then dazed until around 7 or so, then went into the bathroom to take a shower, I brought my clothes in with me...Then realized I forgot something. I must have done that maybe about 10 times [attempting to try to not to make too much noise, but Its not like I was the only one making noise...people were like screaming/running down the halls] then thought to myself, this isn't going to be a good day, as fumbled through my stuff for my conditioner. And boy, was it ever a day. Then went down to breakfast with Alicia, had some stuff to eat ["stuff" as in: 4 grapes and water...I wasn't that hungry, but now that I think back, It would've been better if I ate more...] then wondered until we met up with little Jon, Karl and Tyler and peoples. Went to United 2, then we had to have a short, small group time. We combined with with the group across the hall, and we got all comfy in front of the fire place and talked about the service, and ate candy. ^_^ Then we went back to our rooms for a bit, then everybody decided they wanted to go to the Ice Rink, but Alicia and I wanted to be warm, so we went back to the fireplace and then everyone came back because it was too cold. ^_^ We played cards then, with a screwed up deck =P After that, [I honestly don't remember, don't hold me accountable for everything that went on, but I think...] we ate lunch, and Jon told me I could video tape some of the activity's that were goin on, then headed back to where the services were held, and got told the rules, etc. Got my video camera, and headed out with Jon, Karl and Tyler to the tubing hill. It was too crowded, so we turned around, walked...and walked...and walked...until Jon got the idea to flip off a huge snowbank. Which was hilarious, [I taped it] and walked some more. We walked around aimlessly until I video taped pretty much every event that happened, except the extreme volleyball thing. We then returned with Cherish and Alicia and other people, and we walked around inside until they wanted to stalk some guys. I, being the tense person I am, had yet ANOTHER neck ache, and didn't feel like going outside, and just wanted to sit. So, they ditched me, and about 1 minute later, I was sitting on a bench near the social hall, Jon, & Nic [holding Ben] came and asked me why I was sitting alone, and asked me to come with them to go to the social hall. Since i didn't want to be alone, I said sure, and got to hold baby Ben ^_^ Then the people that ditched me came back, and James wanted to hold Ben, [that was sleeping on me comfortably, who was woken up because of James] got to hold him, and Karl was the only one that apologized for ditching me =P We headed to the lobby, and everybody got situated. Me, in a loverly comfy chair, half sleeping, was made to sit on a couch, next to Father Jon. I maybe dosed off like 2 times, but awakened with the Ben's barf blanket, covering my face.[one word, gross] Then people all of a sudden started talking about wet willies. Jon was saying how gross it was, while James came up behind him, and gave him a wet willy. Jon jerked behind him, and flipped him over, ON ME! I was screaming my head off, and gave me my neck ache back =P But yea, nevertheless, I moved to the couch on the other side of me, dozing off here and there, then they started to talk about wet willies again, I open my eyes, because i knew something was bound to happen, then James licked his hand, and tried to shove it into Jon's face. They started to fight on the couch, then Jon got up, and James ran after him. Jon started saying how he was going to throw James into the snow. So I got up, with a few other people, and started after them. During this time, glass shattered as Jon's arm missed the door opener thing, instead, went through the glass, with James not far behind. I honestly don't know if i walked, or ran over to see what happened, but in the matter of a few seconds, glass was on the ground, Jon was clutching his arm, blood dripping, with muscle and glass and skin showing, to say it all. Jon turned around, and I got a superb look at his arm, and I swear, if my eyes weren't huge, my other facial expressions said it all. Jon told me he could see muscle, but he has had worse cuts before. I was backing away slowly as people rushed around him. Me, being as helpful as I am, started bawling. I still don't understand why. People told me that it was because I was right there when it happened, or it was because he is my leader, or it was because he's one of my closer friends, or because I've never experienced anything like that in my life before. All i can say is, no one else cried. But Felicia and little Jon had to be the best at that time, they were very comforting. Then as people started to realize what had happened, more help came, and people started to look at me and ask why I was crying. I don't want to go into detail, but I really love all of you people that helped me, and tried to and did comfort me. After Kirsten came down, she gave me the room key to go up to the room, because I was feeling extremely light headed. I don't really remember the entire night. All I know is that I didn't eat dinner, I couldn't really think, and people were continually watching me. I started to calm down eventually, and had had a semi good time at the concert [not saying the mishap there], and the bonfire, and going tubing with cherish!
[Jon R, Alicia, Karl, Kristen, and Cherish, are the best friends EVER.][ also, i hope i dont come off as some over-dramatic, attention seeker person, because i honestly dont know what came over me =\]

Sunday- I Woke up at around 7:30 and got ready to leave Speculator, didn't have any breakfast. I found out that the Wises were back the night before, but couldnt say hey, because they were asleep, then we then decided to have a party at the Wise's door, at around 7:15am and waited............and waited.......and waited....for them to come out, but they never did. They "supposedly" forgot about daylight savings. Well during United 4, They came into the room. Everybody watched as Scott recognized Jon, and started talking to him. After United 4, I really wanted to give Jon a huge hug...But i decided against it..because of his arm and all. =P After that, we[Jon R, Alicia, Karl and I] brought our stuff, and helped the Wises bring their stuff down. Then the Wises brought me to Clifton Park, and talked to Caroline and Paul some. And here I am, at Malta, waiting for my mom, wherever she went =P

Hoped you liked the ridiculously long blog....Sorry Sunday is cut short, my mom is here, and I wanted to finish it! =]

12 comments:

Jon said...

^_^ Your not that bad of a person yo' self =]

Jon Wise said...

great blog, and great weekend (despite the door-related injuries). glad you figured out how great your friends are, and i'm very touched that you were bawling for me! it's alright, it's just a few (deep) cuts!

michel said...

yea no mention of me... im sad =[. but yea very long and good. but u could have mentioned me b/c i was there.

KarlH said...

wow, my memory sucks. I had forgotten about 70% of what happened this weekend, lol.

Shannon said...

James, i mentioned you like 5 times. =P

michel said...

1)Father Jon got James, Alicia and I
2) Father Jon, Alica & James, and Jon told James to turn something up
3)James wanted to hold Ben
4)James came up behind him, and gave him a wet willy

4 times. not 5 and no mention i was in the ambulance with jon making fun of him b/c he flat-lined 7 times

Shannon said...

whos blog is this James?

Mine.

I'll put whatever i feel like in it =P

Write about how you made fun of Jon flat lining, and your own weekend on your own blog. ;]

Alicia said...

Fragile musician haha, nice...and pshh u overdramatic nah ur cool, dont feel emo =P ily chica!

michel said...

ok fine u guys are mean. :-( i think ill go cut my wirst some more. lol jkjk

Jon said...

Dude...The four of us Rokk So much...WE ARE HARDCORE! but not James...

michel said...

oh i hate u jon. u make me sad

Jon said...

Happens

hahaha

But I am not lieing =P