2.14.2007

Snow Day

Well, this is my first post. I don't really have a motive for creating a blog, but it seems to be catching on. Im just pretty much going to talk about anything in this blog. And i talk alot. So have fun =p

Today was the first snow day this school year for a lot of people[including me].
This morning when i came downstairs at around 6:30-because the gay next door neighbor was plowing, and he kept dropping the stupid plow thing on asfault, which made the huge BANG noise everytime. So having nothing better to do than listen to banging, i got up-and heres the convo i had with my parents.
Me: "We have no school....right?"
Dad: "uh, yea you have school."
Me: "WHAT?!"
Dad: "Yea, you might want to get ready."
Me: "MOM! Do we really have school?"
Mom: "Yes....*smirk* you have school..*smirk*
[note: she can't keep a straight face when she lies, EVER]

Isnt that great? lol...that's how i woke up this morning.

I watched the weather last night, and this morning. Last night, where i live it was right smack dab in the middle of the line the separates the 18-36in and the 8-18in. This morning after i woke up, i watched the local news, and now it says anywhere above 2ft of snow. whoopdeedoo.
I remember when i was in elementary school, when snow days were a BLAST. I would get all dressed up in my big bushy snow pants, and matching fuzzy hat and gloves and stiffly walk out into the snow. Wether it was snow ball fights, or just trying to catch snowflakes with my tounge, it was always fun. Then when we would come in, my mom would make us hot chocolate while we would defrost.
But now...I look at the snow and think, "Oh my God, I'm going to have to shovel that." Shoveling totally takes the fun away out of snow days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.

I have to agree with you on the whole shoveling part.

it blows!

Jon Wise said...

i miss big puffy snow pants too!

caroline! said...

Heyy!