1.11.2008

Music & Other Subject Matters.

Since I've gotten a new iPod, I've been listening to pretty much the same stuff I listened to last year.
Anberlin, FF5, Angels & Airwaves, Cartel, TFK, Kutless, Flyleaf and the list goes on.
They all aren't the same songs. New albums have come out, or I just discovered they have older ones that I didn't know about. But the majority of my songs are rock/alternative with a little bit of pop randomly mixed within.
I've found good artists like Graham Colton, and Landon Pigg. But both kind of edge toward the softer side of the Pop genre. (Actually, Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop by Landon Pigg is so mellow, I actually fall asleep listening to it. It used to be the Symphony of Blase by Anberlin that put me to sleep.) I'm kind of picky in what I listen to. It can't be screamo, metal, or anything that I can't understand, or anything too vulgar or explicit like most rap. I like some r&b or whatever, but I've yet to find anyone besides Rihanna that I like. I have yet to find out what SKA is all about.
I, obviously, like rock/alternative.

Still, I've been buying my songs this year. I haven't used Caroline's or Jon's music, and comparatively, I'm seriously lacking in the variety of my music. I can't even remember half of the artists I had last time. Except some bands that are a far cry from today's music, like Rage of the Machine, or Stryper. Regardless, I still owe them for the bands I know and listen to today. Plus my dad (and a few others), because he's the one that got me listening to Linkin Park. I probably wouldn't be listening to rock if it wasn't for him.
So if anyone has any new music they'd like to share with me, that would be appreciated.

On another note, this coming week is Mid-Terms/Regents for me, so I'll probably be studying whenever I can get the time in, or doing anything I can so that I can pass Science, and get higher than an 80 this quarter in Math.
I'm kind of stressed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You cannot - CAN NOT - lump Rage Against the Machine and Stryper into the same category. Stryper exists for the campy joy of making fun of 80s music: complete with the big hair, weird outfits, and wailing guitars.
Rage Against the Machine is NOT in the category, nor does it share any other category with Stryper. Their messages are worlds apart.
Rage Against the Machine is a phenomenon all to themselves.

Shannon said...

ha. I wasn't "Categorizing" them.

I was just saying they were old.

Anonymous said...

They're not equally old tho!
Stryper is like 25 years old. Rage Against the Machine was putting out albums as recently as 2003! Give me a break!

KarlH said...

Conclusion:

Jon is old. ;)