2.20.2008

Stuff and Such

It's winter break and I-and the rest of NY-have a week off from school. It's extremely boring, which is why I applied for a job today... Now it's only a matter of them calling me back. I need a job for just 1 reason. I really need the money. I need a car, and everything else that comes with a car. i.e. - insurance, gas money, blahblahblah. Plus, I'm supposed to pay for half of what it costs to go to camp this year, about 300 dollars for Lift, & if I want to go anywhere else this summer, I have to pay for it too. Or at least half of it... Anyone need a babysitter?

Anyway I guess I'll recap about Sunday because I went to another youth group, which I have not done in years...

Sunday night I went with Kayla and a few of our friends went to her youth group. It wasn't their normal youth group, because they had another church with them, but still... It was like a breath of fresh air, no lie. It was more low-key, less hectic, and much smaller.
After being with Northway for 3-4 years, that's the exact opposite of what I've been accustomed too. After the allowed hangout time, we watched a few homemade videos and then we were given 4 groups to choose from. Evangelism, Drama, Band, or Art. (I chose Evangelism because, unfortunetly, I hold no talent in music, acting, or anything to do with drawing. I'm not too good in the public speaking area either, but it's not as bad as the other 3.) Kayla and the rest of the crew came with me, as with 20 other people, and we met the leader of the group and his name is Chris. He's pretty awesome. Plus, he's the guy that does all the videos, so Kayla and I are going to be in the next video. ;] But it was informing and interesting to learn more about evangelism.

It was cool to see and be apart of another youth group. To be an "outsider" where no one knew me for once instead of being apart of the group and most everyone knowing me. It definitely made me think about the perspective of a newcomer to UNITED. (And I'm going with Kayla again this Sunday! =])

No comments: