6.08.2008

I Like Food.

The 30 Hour Famine was awesome! I had a great time. Except for the whole being hungry part. Living for Later played, and we mostly just hung out Friday. The majority stayed up till about 2:20-4:00 supposedly but I think that's wrong. Nobody really knows. We played catchphrase and we were hanging out in the sanctuary talking, while all of the adults except Mr. Straight went to bed at around 10.

Saturday we woke up at 8:30. That sucked. A hand full of us signed up to go to the City Mission to help. We had three options to choose from. It was either City Mission, Samuel's to paint, or staying at the church to clean. When we got there, it was incredibly hot and humid. We had to sign a waver, I think. I don't know why. Then we split up into two groups, and the group I was in had to do yard work and mulch. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be... I had pictured myself knee deep in mulch with flip flops on. I got some sun too. =] It was difficult to walk through their kitchen though. So much *good smelling* food!!!!!

After working for 3 and a half hours, we headed back to the church, only to head back out again. Only this time, it was to the mall for a scavenger hunt. We got into groups of 5, and we had to do the most ridiculous things ever. It was awesome. We got yelled at in Boscov's for going up and down the escalators (or...running up the down...and running down the up) too many times. Apparently they called the very scary mall cops, but I didn't see any.


We finally broke the fast after the 5:00 service ended. It was the best tasting food ever. I love pasta. I have pictures of the weekend on my flickr, so check them out. =]


{Wednesday classes end.
Thursday finals start. End on next Monday.
Next Tuesday & Friday are Regents.}
Summer!!!! (&& Glory Day ;)











No comments: