6.06.2008

Be Hungry.

Tonight, (or should I say today?) is the start of the 30 hour famine. Basically it's an international event where various church youth groups fast for 30 straight hours to raise money for the thousands of kids who go hungry everyday. I know the church has done this before maybe 3 years ago, but I didn't for whatever reason.

I haven't eaten anything since lunch ended at 11:20 and it is now 4:45, and I'm pretty hungry. I'm actually fasting just a tad longer than 30 hours, because of my lunch schedule. It's incredibly early than other peoples. What sucked was when I got home, my mom made my sister and I some food, and I was like, Yay!...crap. Hopefully this will get easier with people fasting with me. =P

I'm going to try and blog through it, but I'm not entirely sure how well it's going to work out. I know we're going to Samuels in the morning tomorrow, then going to a soup kitchen later. We're breaking the fast after the first service on Saturday, which ends at 6 I believe... Oh. I should probably go pack.

Less than 26 hours to go!

No comments: