5.21.2007

Nervous!

Yeah, so this weekend has been fun!
Although I only want to blog about Sunday, because I can, and this is my blog. =P

So like I do every Sunday, I worked the two services which went fairly well. I still have issues with songs on the key, and having to come up with telling the camera people what to do in split second thoughts...So THAT didn't go too well, but the services over all did. Thankfully we only did the Happy Girl song in the 1st service, not in the second. =P After the services I went with Nic and Ben, with my mom and sister following in the other car, to IHOP, to meet up with the rest of the crew. We ate pancakes, duhhh. Although some losers didn't...heh. When most of us were done and stuffed with carbs, we headed back to CP church, and then played sardines and hide and seek for a bit, and played capture the flag as well. After all that lovely stuff, we did this game that I have no idea what it was called, but we had to pick someone in the group, and tell them how they encouraged us or something like that. I thought it was pretty neat. Then we had bible study, and quite honestly, I can't really remember anything except for Jon reading a letter he wrote to Brian about his year in youth ministry, what he's learned and stuff, then him talking to us about NYC, then him explaining that CP is going to have it's own Vertical/Nine12. Which I already knew since like, January, but it hasn't been official, ever. But...It still doesn't have a date to start either, but I mean, I already knew that when it opens, I'm going to have to be there to help out. No one ever had to ask me to go, I just knew.
After that was over, we played another fun round of sardines. Then I stood at the windows after everyone left, and waited for Jon to lock up and such with Nic. I went to their house, and walked down their "driveway" with Jon to feed their new duckies they have while he was explaining stuff to me. It wasn't till after we fed the ducks, and walked all the way back, sat down on some VERY stiff chairs, then I started getting it. He started talking about CP, and vertical production team and getting up, and "GOing". THEN he told me that I was supposed to lead, and create my own vertical production team for CP...
Yeah, I did like a double take. I think my jaw dropped too. I'm pretty sure my voice went up a few notches as well when I said, WHAT?!

I'm going to stop there, because I don't really want to go into it anymore, but like, 50 billion things were in my mind.
What if they have vertical in Malta the same night as CP does? Will I get to see anyone from there anymore? I can't do this! What happens if I don't know what to do, or if I freeze or something. What if I fail at this? What if I don't find anyone to be on the team? What do I do if [or when] I screw up? What if they don't respect me? I am only 14 [15 in august] y'know, I'm not some 27 [almost] year old guy that knows what he's doing, and has about 89798745345235643 times more leading experience as me. =P

As you can see, I'm quite nervous about this...

5 comments:

KarlH said...

things are going to work out...and I know you can do this!

Anonymous said...

you can do it!

Anonymous said...

ps: its called a fireside

caroline! said...

you're confident and a leader, you'll do amazing!


seriously, you will.

KarlH said...

...more like, shoeside...